Monday 11 March 2013

Week of Bliss? Fear? Uncertainty?

Well It's been 8 days since I found out I was pregnant, I've gone through cramps, blood tests, but no bleeding. I feel crampy and crabby and really fat but those are my only symptoms to day.

Tomorrow I hit 6 weeks, halfway through the danger zone, and the past 8 days have felt like a lifetime, I can't imagine what my next 6 weeks will be like!

I have an interview with the mid-wives at the end of the month, my doctor will be on maternity leave herself when I birth, so she suggested a mid-wife. As long as I can still get the drugs, I'm ok with whoever wants to delivery my baby.

I have to stay off the forums though! they are turning me nutty, thebump.com, whattoexpect.com, cafemom.com, babycentre.com - the only things I end up reading about are miscarriages, scares, low HGC numbers ... just sad stories that run my mind crazy with fear and doubt. I have to stop reading them, realistically only 15% of pregnancies end up in MC's, hey I'm at 100% but who's counting.

On another worrisome note. I'm supposed to keep my heart rate below 140 at the gym, and today I pushed it to 178, I'm so upset with myself, and my trainer yelled at me. I'm just too damn competitive. I hope I don't lose my baby over this ...

Check in another day yo!

No comments:

Post a Comment